In October 2017, Collaborative Scotland organised a series of public events and business breakfasts and other events in the north-west of Scotland as part of our Better Conversations Bus Tour.
The Bus Tour is a new project aiming to build real dialogue and problem-solving capacity, offering an opportunity to discuss in a safe space the really important issues that concern us all, while helping to take some of the heat out of difficult decisions about contentious matters in Scotland’s communities, business and public life.
The Bus Tour visited 16 communities in the north and west Highlands.
The Better Conversations Bus Tour Report has now been published. The Report contains Collaborative Scotland’s findings and recommendations. It has been launched at a number of events in March 2018.
The Report concludes that there is great potential in hosting these kinds of conversations, both in the north and west, where the Tour engaged with so many enthusiastic people, and elsewhere in Scotland. Already, plans are unfolding for the next adventure to the south and west later this year.
The Report raises questions:
- How to make better and more efficient use of existing resources in the communities?
- How to encourage and enhance collaboration within and across communities?
- How to attract and accommodate people, especially younger people, through new job opportunities and affordable housing?
- How to make the best of tourism, while building a sustainable economy?
- How to attract necessary funding for community projects?
- How to support local autonomy, decision-making and problem-solving?
- How to ensure long-term planning rather than merely short-term gain?
Read the full Report here:
Read more about events in Dornoch, Lairg and Brora on Monday 23 October 2017
Read more about events in Wick and Thurso on Tuesday 24 October 2017
Read more about events in Tongue, Durness and Kinlochbervie on Wednesday 25 October 2017
Read more about events in Lochinver on Thursday 26 October 2017
Read more about events in Ullapool and Gairloch on Friday 27 October 2017
Read more about events in Dingwall on Saturday 28 October 2017
Collaborative Scotland is delighted to announce the publication of the Better Conversations Bus Tour report. Last October, the Better Conversations Bus visited 16 communities in the north and west Highlands. The Report contains Collaborative Scotland’s findings and recommendations. Better Conversations Bus Tour Final Report is available here and there will be launch events held (by invitation… Continue reading Better Conversations Bus Tour Report